Thank you for visiting Love Her Gifts. I wish you an amazingly merry Christmas. Look forward to introducing more great gifts to you next year.
If you still haven’t completed your Christmas shopping, you can still get your gifts online and print them out. But you could also make some delicious food for your loved ones. Here’s my gift to you–a chocolate chip cookies recipe. I guarantee that these are the absolutely best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had in your life. Hands down. No competition. This is not exaggeration. Whenever I announce the making of these cookies, my husband shakes uncontrollably with anticipation. The evidence is in this notecard. The translation is: “Seriously I’ll kick your ass if you don’t leave me the cookies.” They are also known as the disappearing cookies, since they always go first whenever and wherever they are produced.
Amazingly Delicious Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degree celsius, placing the racks in the middle position.
- Melt 10 of the 14 tablespoons of better in a light color pot on the stove top (so you can see the change of color in the butter). Cook until the butter is a bit brown, about 3 minutes.
- Put the melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter until it’s all melted.
- Add both the granulated sugar and brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add the egg and egg yolk. Mix until all sugar is melted. You should mix it and let it rest for 5 minutes, then mix it again. Do that about 3 times. The purpose is to ensure that the sugar has time to completely dissolve.
- Add the all-purpose flour and baking soda in the mixture. Mix just enough so all the flour is incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, spoon 3 tablespoons of dough on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. A standard cookie sheet will hold about 8 cookies. This recipe totals about 16 cookies. If you have only one sheet, you may need to bake one tray at a time.
- Bake for 14 minutes, turning the tray half way.
- Let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!